This is the news page for all our membership branches. Click on a Branch title to get the latest news for a particular Branch, or browse this page for news from every Branch. To get an overview about our contact info, news and events, please visit our Branch home page
Submitted on Thu, 04/30/2015 - 3:13pm
- Harvard Workers Got The Cold Shoulder This Winter
- NYC IWW: Beverage Plus, Pay Up!
- Strikes, Worker Revolts Worldwide
- May Day: Remembering Our Past, Looking Toward The Future
- How To Be A Life-Long Wobbly: Six Tips
- Review: Elizabeth Gurley Flynn, Modern Revolutionary
Download a Free PDF of this issue.
Submitted on Mon, 04/27/2015 - 5:27pm
Submitted on Tue, 04/14/2015 - 11:29am
Toronto IWW is pleased to announce opening of registration for the Spring 2015 edition of Organizing 101: Build the Committee Training, our crash course on grassroots, direct action-driven solidarity unionism.
Submitted on Thu, 04/09/2015 - 10:31am
Several former workers at Beverage Plus and their supporters visited the company in Maspeth Queens this week to demand that the owner Yun Cho pay the more than $1.2 million owed to the workers from a wage theft lawsuit. Cho was present but did not come out to talk to the workers who then left a letter demanding payment. The company, which has also operated under the names YS Beverage and Grand Beverage, is a distributor in New York City, handling products such as Coca Cola and Poland Spring beverages. It was found liable in 2012 for multiple violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act for unpaid minimum wage and overtime for dozens of workers. The workers are still seeking the payments in court but have also called upon supporters to join their campaign to get the money owed to them. The workers have been long time members of the Brandworkers and NYC Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) campaign to organize and improve conditions in New York City’s food production and distribution sector.
Stay tuned for more actions in support of the Beverage Plus workers!
Submitted on Wed, 04/01/2015 - 9:21pm
- Liverpool IWW Demonstrates For Precarious Workers
- Syndicalist Union Protests Migrant Worker Exploitation In Berlin
- Welsh Wobbly Facing Deportation
- Unlock The Power Of Metrics To Build Effective Organization
- The Joe Hill Centenary Takes To The Road
- Building Ties With Comrades In Mexico
Download a Free PDF of this issue. (Check out the April Fools' Day issue here.)