IWW Chronology (1932 - 1944)
Originally Titled, 95 Years of Revolutionary Industrial Unionism, by Michael Hargis - featured in Anarcho Syndicalist Review, #27 and #28.
- IWW strike at the Cle Ellum dam project in Washington state.
- Lumber workers participate in strike at Gray's Harbor.
- Organizing drive among automobile workers in Detroit. Sit-down strike at Briggs Highland plant wins 10% pay hike. Losing strike at Murray Body in September breaks drive.
- IWW hop pickers win strike in Yakima, WA.
- Organizing attempts on WPA construction projects on Mississippi Bridge near New Orleans, at the Los Angeles Aquaduct, Fort Peck in Montana and New York Tunnel.
- Strike at Ferro Foundry in Cleveland, OH.
- Chilean IWW Administration reestablished.
- Cleveland, Ohio, organizing takes off. Strikes at Ohio Foundry, Draper Steel Barrel, Perfection Metal Container, Permold Metal Container, American Stove, National Screw, Cleveland Wire Spring, Republic Brasswin recognition for IWW.
- Charwomen's strike.
- IWW votes to affiliate with IWA (AIT), then reverses itself.
- Strike at National Screw and National Steel Barrel in Cleveland.
- National Screw unionist Mike Lindway framed on gun charge.
- Lumber workers organize in white pine country.
- Philadelphia MTW refuses to load ships with arms for Franco's fascist forces in Spain.
- IWW seaman John Kane murdered by International Seaman's Union (ISU) goons in Houston.
- Lumber workers strike Weyerhauser, win 10% pay hike and camp improvements.
- IWW joins with other libertarian organizations in United Libertarian Organization to sponsor Spanish Revolution newspaper and aid Spanish revolution.
- Construction Workers IU 310 branch wins right to process grievances on WPA jobs in Contra Costa and Alameda counties, California.
- IWW establishes IU310 branch among WPA construction workers, wins free transportation in Watsonville, CA.
- Strike of Filipino fruit pickers.
- New branches in American Brass, Superior Carbon, Globe Steel Barrel and Independent Register in Cleveland.
- IWW branch at American Brass signs contract; IWW referendum changes constitution to allow the practice.
- IWW wins NLRB election at Steel Stamping.
- Canadian IWW establishes Fisheries Industrial Union Branch in McDiarmid, ON.
- Strike at American Stove in Cleveland.
- Metal Mine Workers IU210 organizes U.S. Vanadium mine and negotiates 13% pay boost in Bishop, CA. Wins NLRB election in the mine but loses out to AFL in the mill.
- IWW wins 50 cent premium for working at Bishop mine.
- Organization of Federal Aviation in Cleveland; job action wins raise at American Stove.
- Wobs forced to join AFL affiliate on a tunnel project in Bishop, CA, because AFL held contract with the contractor;
- IU210 signs contract with U.S. Vanadium.