Organize Your IWW Branch
I. Creating and building a new IWW Branch
- What you can do if there is no IWW Union Branch in your community? - Start a New IWW Branch.
- High turnover, sporadic members, and fellow travelers who won't join your IWW branch can still help build the IWW - Core Members and Peripheral Supporters by x344543.
(A) Creating an IWW Branch from Scratch:
(B) Staying Connected:
- How to connect to other branches and industrial unions IWW and keep non-member supporters in the IWW sphere of influence - Using Social Media to Build the IWW by x344543.
(C) Generating Publicity:
(D) Building a Base of Support:
- Taking it to the streets - Setting up IWW Literature and Merchandise Tables by x344543.
- Generating a Supporters Contact Lists - Utilizing supporter contact sheets by x344543.
II. Maintaining your existing IWW Branch:
- Why did my IWW Branch Collapse? - How to avoid the pitfalls that kill IWW Branches or cause them to decline by x344543.
- One Big Union of
all workers - Moving Towards Diversity.
- Signs that your IWW Branch may be guilty of dysfunctional behavior - Cliques, Hoarding Power, and Cults of Personality by x344543.
(A) Meetings and Meeting Dynamics:
(B) Keeping Your IWW Branch Alive:
(C) Planning Successful Events:
III. Bulidng the IWW beyond a single IWW Branch:
- Building the IWW - In 25 steps.
- One Possible IWW Organizational Model - How IWW shops are organized and how each shop relates to the greater IWW.
- Long Term Goals - Where do we go from here?
IV Extra Reading:
- Parliamentary Procedure for Wobblies - By Jim Crutchfield.
- How to Recruit People to Your Organization.
- 13 Lucky Tips for Activists and Organizers.