Weakening the Dam
By the Twin Cities General Membership Branch (2011)
A pamphlet put out by the Twin Cities IWW branch for the purpose of promoting the development of workplace organisers, based on their experiences of organising at work. It offers the sort of practical advice we could all be implementing in our own workplaces.
- (1) Introduction: More and Better Organizers
- (2) Lasting Lessons from the Class Struggle
- (3) Emotional Pressure and Organization Building
- (4) Talking to Bosses: Stick to the Script!
- (5) Know the Union, Hear the Union, See the Union
- (6) Know the Union, Hear the Union, See the Union: Still Good Advice
- (7) Charting
- (8) Replace Yourself
- (9) Goals. Then Strategy. Then Tactics. Part I of II
- (10) Goals. Then Strategy. Then Tactics. Part II of II
- (11) Workplace Organizing and Member Development Checklist
- (12) Sample Campaign Time-Line